Alprazolam (Xanax) Overdose
Anesthesia mistake? Find out if you have a claim!
Every year, approximately 1 person in 1,000 suffers complications from local anesthetic or general anesthesia for surgery. Deaths from anesthesia complications can occur during a procedure as simple as having a tooth pulled. It is the responsibility of anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists to ensure that every precaution has been taken to prevent complications to patients under their care.
Unfortunately, diagnostic mistakes and medication errors often result in post-surgical complications. The Houston medical malpractice lawyers at Hampton & King represent people who have suffered injuries and damages as a result of improper anesthetic administration.
We are here to listen to your case. Reach out to us at (713) 489-0993.
Trust Your Case to Us Today
We assume all costs for the investigation and case development for your medical malpractice claim. You will not be charged attorney's fees, costs, or expenses unless you receive compensation for your injuries caused by the anesthesia error.
We have helped people recover compensation for:
- Airway obstruction
- Negligent intubation
- Esophageal intubation
- Misintubation or inadvertent intubation
- Misplacement of the Laryngeal Mouthpiece Airway (LMA)
- Bronchus intubation
- Propofol or Midazolam (Versed) overdose
- Xanax / alprazolam toxicity
- Asphyxia resulting in brain injury
- Heart attack
- Allergies to anesthesia drugs
- Misread medical charts
- Improper anesthesiologist or anesthetist training
- Death of a loved one
Why Do Anesthesia Mistakes Happen?
There are a number of different reasons that can result in anesthesia errors. From lack of communication to simple inattention, even the smallest mistake can be deadly for the patient. Hampton & King has developed a strong and proven ability to recognize factors that led to anesthesia mistakes and identify root causes of the problem, such as hospital negligence.
We can help you identify whether or not your injuries occurred due to:
- Anesthesiologists: Some of the most common issues that can lead to anesthesia mistakes include under training or improper training, fatigue, failure to closely monitor a patient, and misreading a medical chart.
- Surgeons, Nurses & Other Staff: Lack of thorough communication between doctors, surgeons, nurses, and anesthesiologists can result in serious anesthesia errors. Rushing or fatigue due to busy schedules can also lead to mistakes that impact the anesthesiologists work.
- The Hospital: When hospital fail to enforce certain standards or effectively monitor their employees, it can lead to incidents of medical negligence. From insufficient training to overcrowding and understaffing, hospitals can be negligent in a number of ways in anesthesia error cases.
If you or a loved one has suffered complications from anesthesia, we can help you determine whether medical negligence was a cause. As one of the only law firms with a full-time doctor on staff, you'll be able to get the accurate and clear answers you've been looking forâ€”including whether or not your doctor did something wrong. With our extensive experience, we know how to handle these complex cases. We also know how important it is for you to recover compensation for your damages.
Call our Houston medical malpractice firm at (713) 489-0993 to schedule a consult with Hampton & King.