Voted “Best Law Firms” for Medical Malpractice Cases!
We have handled a broad range of birth injury and medical malpractice cases and have developed the ability to identify the factors and root causes involved in these cases. When you entrust your case to our firm, we carry the legal burden for you. You can rest easier knowing we are backed by the following:
- We have a proven track record and have recovered hundreds of millions for our clients
- We have a combined 60 years of experience handling a variety of medical negligence cases
- We are backed by a fulltime physician and a doctorate degree nurse practitioner
- We have been recognized by our peers as leaders in birth injury and medical negligence litigation
Call 713.489.0993 to get in touch with Hampton & King. We will evaluate your case for free to determine what legal rights and options you might have.
Causes of Birth Injuries
Physicians must respond appropriately to high-risk pregnancies and other complications during delivery. However, when they fail to do so, they allow for the possibility of the following, which are all events that could contribute to permanent injury, disability, or death.
- C-section mistakes
- Fetal heart monitoring mistakes
- Hypoxic or anoxic brain injury
- Improper newborn intubation
- Improper resuscitation
- Labor and delivery errors
- Mismanagement of Group B Strep
- Pitocin mistakes
Mishandled Pregnancy Complications
Some pregnancies are inherently high-risk while other complications do not manifest themselves until labor or delivery. If complications are not handled properly, they can lead to serious and permanent injuries to mother or child. Below are some common pregnancy complications.
- Cephalopelvic disproportion
- Fetal distress and oxygen deprivation
- Gestational diabetes
- Large fetus
- Perinatal asphyxia
- Perinatal hypoxia
- Postpartum hemorrhage
- Preeclampsia / HELLP Syndrome
- Prolapsed umbilical cord
- Umbilical cord entrapment
- Uterine rupture
What Conditions Can Be Caused by Birth Injuries?
When a child is injured during labor or delivery, it could lead to permanent disability or disfigurement. Some conditions that could arise because of a birth injury include:
- Cerebral palsy
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Injuries to the Mother
- Kernicterus & Excessive Jaundice
- Neonatal Encephalopathy
Who is Sued in a Birth Injury Lawsuit?
If you or your child was injured during the childbirth process, your physician could be held accountable. We may be able to file malpractice claims against the following:
Contact Our Houston Birth Injury Lawyers: 713.489.0993
Our Houston birth injury attorneys have more than half a century of combined experience to inform every case we handle. This means that we not only understand the law as it currently stands, but we understand its development as well. With that unique insight, we are able to provide representation that is rooted by the most recent developments in both the law and medical technology. It is just one more way we can help you.
Contact our Houston birth injury attorneys today for a free consultation: 713.489.0993.
- Birth Injury – Merck Manual
- Birth Injury – Stanford Children’s Health
- Birth Trauma (Overview) – Medscape
- Birth Injury of the Cranium & Central Nervous System – National Library of Medicine
- Birth Trauma (Physical) – Wikipedia