Medical Malpractice Free Consultation – Steps To Get Started
If you have been a victim of a medical mistake, then you know that it can be life-altering. You need an advocate that’s well-versed in the field and ready to fight for the rights that you or your loved one deserve. That’s why getting in touch with a lawyer for a medical malpractice free consultation is just an important step. A skilled lawyer can help guide you through the process. And when it’s a free consultation – what do you have to lose?
Medical malpractice can be confusing and overwhelming to understand. But the experienced team of attorneys at Hampton & King has you covered. With more than 60 years of collective experience, we’re ready to take on your winning case. Here are just a few reasons to trust Hampton & King with your claim…
Medical Malpractice Is What We Do
Over the past twenty years, Hampton & King has become one of the most effective medical malpractice law firms in Texas. Many law firms handle a wide variety of case types, like medical malpractice, auto accidents, personal injury, and more. But not Hampton & King. Instead of stretching ourselves thin, we focus on our areas of expertise: medical malpractice and negligence cases.
Our familiarity and demonstrated experience with this specific type of law are unmatched. We’re proud to have incredible resources and access to some of the most talented doctors when needing expert testimony. These resources provide us with industry-specific information to help develop the strongest case possible for our clients.
Proven Track Record
With more than 60 years of experience, Hampton & King’s long-standing and proven record of success has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. In fact, we were recognized as one of the “Best Law Firms” for medical malpractice clients by US News. The team at Hampton & King is ready to handle the most complicated medical malpractice and negligence cases.
We Work On A Contingency Fee Basis
What exactly does this mean? The firm won’t make a dime unless you’ve successfully won your case. Lawyers that work on a contingency fee basis only take on cases they’re confident they can win. This means that you can rest easy with your case in the hands of a contingency lawyer.
What Kind Of Medical Malpractice Cases Does Hampton & King Represent?
We’ve seen all sorts of cases over the years. Our experienced team of attorneys handles a wide range of medical malpractice cases including, but not limited to:
Step #1 – Know What To Expect In Your Medical Malpractice Free Consultation
Now that you’ve determined that you’re ready to set up your medical malpractice free consultation, let’s talk about what to expect. First, you should expect to talk a lot during your free consultation. The lawyer will need as many details as possible about your case. To make sure you have a productive consultation, there are some things you can do to prepare.
Step #2 – Prepare For Your Consultation
First, you should make a list of all your health care providers that treated you for the condition involved in your claim. This should include everyone that has provided you care- from primary care doctors to therapists to hospital staff. From there, you should write down your relevant medical treatments. This should be a summary, but you should try to include as many details as possible. To support your claim, you need to gather all medical records and relevant documents.
Finally, you should make a list of questions to ask the lawyer. There’s a good chance that you’ll come up with some questions during your medical malpractice free consultation. It’s a good idea to have a pen and paper in hand to write down your questions as soon as they come up. Some examples of good questions to ask could be:
- How many medical malpractice lawsuits has the lawyer tried?
- How many malpractice lawsuits has the lawyer won?
- What are the chances of settling the case?
Here’s another way to prepare for your medical malpractice free consultation. Know the 4 things you’ll need to prove for a successful malpractice lawsuit.
Note: You don’t need to gather all of the proof before your free consultation. But it’s good to know ahead of time so you can get ahead of the game.
We’ll Need To Prove 4 Elements Of Negligence
To prove negligence, we’ll need to show:
- That the doctor or other medical professional was negligent in an action or lack of action. This breach of duty may be a wrong-site surgery or failure to diagnose, for example.
- This doctor or other medical professional directly harmed you, as a result of the negligence. And that another medical professional in the same situation, would’ve provided the proper standard of care. So, let’s say you contract a disease never before discovered. In that case, the doctor’s misdiagnosis wouldn’t be considered negligent.
- That the doctor or other medical professional failed to uphold the necessary standard of care, as a medical professional. That is, when a doctor fails to uphold the proper standard of care in a professional setting, that’s one element of negligence. The doctor, in this example, is operating in a professional capacity in the given workplace. (That may be the ER, or the doctor’s office, or the hospital for example.)
- Your harm or injury due to this negligence can be compensated through your malpractice lawsuit. For example, you might show the medical bills you had to pay because of the negligence. Pain and suffering is another big one. Or you may have lost salary or other income as a result. These are the sorts of things you may be able to get compensation for through a medical malpractice lawsuit.
To prove these things, you’ll need evidence. What evidence? Well, witnesses are great, for one. Things like journal entries, paystubs, and correspondence can be great forms of evidence too. And here’s another big one – medical records. These records can help you show the breach of duty and failure to maintain the proper standard of care.
For more suggestions, check out our blog post: How To Prepare For Your Meeting With A Malpractice Lawyer
Step #3 – Set Up Your Medical Malpractice Free Consultation
The good news is that’s very easy to get in touch with our office to schedule your medical malpractice free consultation. You get in touch with our office simply by filling out our online contact form. You’ll be finished in a matter of minutes. Or if you’d prefer, you can always give our office a call by dialing 713-489-0993 to set up your medical malpractice free consultation. After all, the line is available to call 24/7. It’s as easy as that! So don’t wait, contact Hampton & King today to get started with your free consultation.