Delivery Trauma Cases in Houston, Texas
Delivery trauma can come in many kinds. Two of the most common are the following:
- Mechanical Injuries — These involve the use of physical force, such as causing a brachial plexus injury during the labor and delivery process by pulling on the baby’s arm too hard.
- Oxygen Deprivation or Anoxic Injuries — These can cause brain damage, blindness, cerebral palsy, and other serious conditions. They may result from nuchal cord injury, cord prolapse, etc.
Hampton & King has been a respected name in the Houston legal community for 35+ years. We handle all types of delivery trauma cases for clients across the state. As a board certified personal injury and civil litigation lawyer, Hartley Hampton is ready to assist with your case. Give our firm a call!
Issues Related to Improper Resuscitation
Oxygen deprivation, meconium aspiration, and a host of other issues may require an infant to be resuscitated immediately after birth. Any delay or act of negligence by a health care provider, doctor, or nurse can cause brain damage or infant death.
Obstetricians and other health care providers may potentially be held liable for any injuries if they:
- Fail to realize that the baby needs to be resuscitated
- Fail to call in a trained neonatologist or NICU team
- Fail to correctly conduct the resuscitation of newborns
At our Texas birth injury firm, we have the resources and skills to help, backed by our record of success and experience. With a focus on medical malpractice law, our attorneys do everything that we can to help our clients recover following serious birth injuries. No matter whether your child suffered from mechanical injuries, oxygen deprivation, or any other form of delivery trauma, we can help.
If you suspect that your child was injured due to delivery trauma or improper resuscitation, schedule a free consultation by calling our Houston office at (713) 489-0993.