Dedicated to Representing Medical Malpractice Victims
Hartley Hampton is the medical malpractice attorney you want in your corner. He has been practicing law in Houston for 45 years. With a well-established medical negligence practice, Hartley provides legal representation and counsel exclusively to individuals who have been injured due to medical malpractice.
Hartley Hampton is a lawyer that truly cares about the individuals and families he represents.
He views client-attorney relationships as a sacred trust, a responsibility he is proud to carry. His legal skill and success has been recognized by his consistent inclusion in the Super Lawyers® list ever year since 2003, his AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, and countless other recognitions. As a seasoned medical malpractice lawyer, Hartley’s success can be attributed to his commitment to “over-prepare” for cases. He takes the time to learn the medicine involved in his clients cases, usually knowing relevant medical literature better than the defendant doctor! When he is entrusted with representing an individual, he is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art service from start to finish.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
Admitted to Practice in:
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Honors & Awards
- Included in the Texas Super Lawyers® list 2003 – present.
- Best Lawyers in America, Medical Malpractice, 2008 – present (U.S. News & World Report)
- Best Lawyers Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year, 2015
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- America’s Top 50 Lawyers®, 2022
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates, Past President of Houston Chapter
- International Society of Barristers
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Co-Author, Hampton, Schick & McGehee’s Texas Civil Practice And Remedies Code Annotated, Thompson-West, 2005
- Co-Author, R, Peck & H. Hampton, A Challenge Too Early: The Lawsuit to Invalidate the Texas Damage Caps Ten Years Ago and Its Likely Future Vindication, 51 Texas Tech Law Review, 667 (2019).
- Editor, Houston Lawyer