Attorney Hartley Hampton
Dedicated to Representing Medical Malpractice Victims
Hartley Hampton is the medical malpractice attorney you want in your corner. He has been practicing law in Houston for 35+ years. When the 2003 “tort reform” package came out regarding medical malpractice, Hartley stood strong on representing victims of medical negligence while many others simply stopped taking these cases. With a well-established medical negligence practice, Hartley now provides legal representation and counsel exclusively to individuals who have been injured due to medical malpractice or medical negligence.
Hartley Hampton is a lawyer that truly cares about the individuals and families he represents.
He views client-attorney relationships as a sacred trust, a responsibility he is proud to carry. His legal skill and success has been recognized by his consistent inclusion in the Super Lawyers® list (2003-2017), his AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, and countless other recognitions. As a seasoned medical malpractice lawyer, Hartley’s success can be attributed to his commitment to “over-prepare” for cases. He takes the time to learn the medicine involved in his clients cases, usually knowing relevant medical literature better than the defendant doctor! When he is entrusted with representing an individual, he is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art service from start to finish.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy
Admitted to Practice in:
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- Co-Author, Hampton, Schick & McGehee's Texas Civil Practice And Remedies Code Annotated, Thompson-West, 2005
- Editor, Houston Lawyer
Honors & Awards
- Included in the Texas Super Lawyers® list 2003 - 2017
- Best Lawyers in America, Medical Malpractice, 2008 - 2017 (U.S. News & World Report)
- Best Lawyers Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year, 2015
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates, Past President of Houston Chapter
- International Society of Barristers
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
Want to learn more about Hartley Hampton? Contact him today at (713) 489-0993.